Lavender essential oil is one of the most used, recommended, and popular oil in the aisles of naturally extracted ones that are serving humans from the past many years. From its amazing properties to the benefits and, of course, to its amazing and healing aroma, there are a plethora of characteristics that make this oil such a popular one not only in India but also across the world.
If you are also planning to include this oil in your daily regimen and confused about its properties and uses, then the guide given below can be a sure solution for you to go through. We have tried to cover all the basic and frequently asked questions about Lavender oil so that everyone gets the answers for their concerned doubts.
Go through the Lavender essential oil guide and make this oil a sure to go product for any problem:
About Lavender Essential Oil
Some basic and general information related to the Lavender Essential Oil is given below that will help you to understand the oil in a better way.
- Botanical Name: Lavandula Angustifolia / Lavandula officinalis
- Place of Origin: Greece
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves & petals of the flower/Buds
- Color: Clear liquid with a tinge of yellow
- Aroma: Floral, sweet, herbal
- Consistency: Thin
- Main Constituents: Linalool, Ocimene, and Linalyl acetate
- Strength of aroma: Medium
Aromatic Description: Lavender oil smells fresh, sweet, floral-like herbaceous and sometimes a little fruity. It can also smell slightly like camphor.
Properties of Lavender Essential Oil
- Cicatrisant Property
- Vulnerary Property
- Diuretic Property
- Spasmodic Property
- Antiseptic Property
- Anti-Depressant Property
- Anti-Inflammatory Property
- Sedative Property
- Antiviral Property
Uses of Lavender Essential Oil
The common uses of Lavender essential oil are listed below:
- Bath gels formulations.
- Aromatherapy oil for massage and spa sessions.
- Soaps formulation.
- In making different flavored teas.
- In natural extracts.
- As tinctures
- In the formulation of lotions and creams.
Health Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
There are certain health benefits which the oil is known for. Some of them are listed below:
- Works well as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic ingredient in any medicine or recipe.
- Improvs blood circulation.
- Treats many stomach-related problems.
- Fasten the healing process of cuts and scrapes.
- Reduces bloating by detoxifying the body.
Lavender Essential Oil Uses for Healthy Skin
Lavender oil is also known to improve the condition of the skin in several ways. Some of its benefits for skin care are given below:
- Reduces acne and pimples.
- Improves skin complexion.
- Treats Eczema
- Detoxify skin making it clearer
- Helps in fading marks
Lavender Essential Oil Uses for Healthy Hair
Not only for health and skin, but this oil also promotes healthy hair. Some of its benefits for hair are:
- Control hair loss.
- Works as the best hair conditioner producing smooth, soft, and shiny hair.
- Makes hair longer, stronger, and well-nourished.
- Reduces head lice as well.
- Treats the problem of dandruff.
Therapeutic Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Apart from the health benefits of the oil, there are many well-known therapeutic benefits of Lavender oil as well that makes it such a popular natural oil:
- Advance the process of relaxing and uplifting moods through its amazing smell.
- Promotes sound sleep by calming the tensed nerves of mind.
- Calms body and mind when diffused in the room.
- Reduces the problem of stress and anxiety.
- Reduces nervousness, depression, and hypertension as well.
Lavender Essential Oil Blends well with:
Organic Lavender oil complements many other essential oils including:
- Bergamot Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Rose Essential Oil
- Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Orange Essential Oil
This list mainly includes citrus oils as they go well with the constituents of Lavender oil.
Now, talking about the carrier oils, the list of the best carrier oils that form advantageous blends with Lavender essential oil are given below:
- Coconut Carrier Oil
- Olive Carrier Oil
- Jojoba Carrier Oil
- Sweet Almond Carrier Oil
- Argan Carrier Oil
- Avocado Carrier Oil
- Grapeseed Carrier Oil
- Moringa Carrier Oil
How to Use Lavender Essential Oil
When you have a bottle of natural essential oil, it becomes very important to use it properly otherwise, there are chances for the side effects on body, skin, and hair. One thing that should be kept in mind while using essential oils is that they need to be diluted with a proper carrier oil. Apart from this, the ways in which Lavender oil can be used are listed below:
- Diffusion: Mix four to five drops of the oil in the diffuser for its aromatherapy benefits.
- Internal use: Dilute one to two drops of the oil with a significant carrier oil for internal use and also do not take the oil internally without the permission from your doctor.
- Topical use: Dilute and apply one to two drops to the desired area for the effective and proper results. But, don’t forget to do a patch test before the application.
What Precautions should be taken while Using Lavender Essential Oil?
Essential oils should be used properly for better results and to avoid the risk of side effects. So, here are some precautions that should be taken before using this oil:
- The lavender essential oil may cause possible irritation, reactions, or allergy in some cases. So, if you witness any of such problems, it is recommended to use the oil.
- The pregnant ladies are advised to use this oil only when recommended by the doctors as it may affect the physical and mental health of the individuals.
- Small children should be kept away from the oil as it may cause health issues if consumed or applied topically.
- Heart patients are also advised to consult doctors before using this oil.
- Stop using Lavender oil before surgery.
Where to Buy Lavender Essential Oil?
After going through the information given above, the next thing your mind must be searching for is the spot from where organic and naturally extracted Lavender Essential Oil can be purchased so that everyone can take good care of skin, hair, and health. So, the answer lies here itself as Naturesnaturalindia.com is an online platform that is offering its customers with good quality naturally extracted and organic lavender oil at a reasonable price rate so that customers can get the bottle of goodness without going heavy on the pockets. Apart from the essential oils, we also offer lavender floral water to the customers for the diluted version of Lavender oil with the same goodness intact. So, whatever the need is, we are here with our exotic range to serve our customers.
With the guide on Lavender Essential Oil given above, the beginners who are stepping into the aisles of using naturally extracted oil must be having a clear idea about whether they should consider including Lavender oil in their daily regimen or not. So, go through the headings given above of your concerned area about which you want to have some sort of information and this guide will give valid information all related to the oil.
One most important thing that should be kept in mind is that all the properties, benefits, uses, and precautions listed above about Lavander essential oil are only for the purpose to make customers knowledgeable. Before considering any of the uses or benefits for the practical application, it is recommended to consult your doctor to avoid the side effects and possible risks and for the better use of the oil.